Our dentist and team do everything possible to help protect your teeth so that you can enjoy excellent oral health and a beautiful smile. However, it may be necessary to remove a tooth from your mouth if it has sustained severe damage. We may recommend a tooth extraction if:
- Severe infection has destroyed large portions of the tooth and supporting bone structure.
- Significant tooth decay has damaged the tooth beyond repair.
- Advanced periodontal disease has damaged your tooth and supporting bone structure.
- Overcrowding of your teeth makes it impossible to fit all the teeth properly in your dental arch.
- You are preparing for another orthodontic, restorative or cosmetic dental procedure.
Tooth extractions are always the last resort when it comes to your oral health and smile. If your tooth is damaged beyond the point where it can be successfully restored and needs to be extracted, our dentist will take special care to remove your tooth as gently as possible. We offer sedation dentistry and local anesthesia to help you feel comfortable during the procedure and manage pain and discomfort. After removing your tooth we will provide you with detailed instructions to help you heal and recover, and we will work with you to find a tooth replacement that meets your needs. Depending on the number of teeth that are removed and your individual needs, your tooth replacement could be an implant, a bridge, or a complete or partial denture.
For more information about tooth extractions in Billings and Lockwood, Montana, and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brysen Hansen, call Lockwood Family Dental today at 406-702-1438.